Individual sellers: This feature is for Professional sellers only. Learn more
If you want to cancel one or two orders, use the Manage Orders tool. To cancel multiple orders at the same time, use an Order Cancellation file template.
This template contains validation macros that will help you successfully complete the template. You choose whether to turn these macros on or off. We suggest that you to keep them on until you learn how to use the template.
To prepare your Order Cancellation file, follow these steps:
- Download and save a copy of the Order Cancellation template to your computer.
- Open the file and review the Data Definitions tab.
- On the the OrderCancellation tab, enter the information about your cancellation, referring to the Data Definition tab when necessary.
- When you are finished, select the OrderCancellation tab, and then click the File menu and select Save As.
- Give your file a name, and in the "Save as Type" field, select Text (Tab-delimited) (*.txt).
Note: When saving your file, you might receive the following warnings. Select Yes for both.
- "The selected file format (the tab-delimited text file) does not support workbooks containing multiple worksheets."
- "Your file contains features incompatible with the selected Text (Tab delimited) file format."
- On the Orders link, select Advanced Features and then Upload Order Related Files.
- Select Order Cancellation at the top of the page.
- Under Upload Your Cancellation File, click Browse to locate your tab-delimited text file.
- Select the file and click Upload Now.
Reviewing your uploaded file
You can review the status of your upload on the Upload Order Related Files page, under "Review File Status History" in the Status/Results column. If you need to access your report at a later date, the most recent 10 uploads are available in this area.
After your file is processed, the Status/Results column displays the number of records processed, activated, and uploaded with errors (not activated).
If any items are not activated because of errors, there will be a non-zero number next to "Number of records with errors." To correct the errors, follow these steps:
- Click View Processing Report in the Actions column.
- Identify and correct any data errors. Saveyour file as described above.
- Return to Upload Order Related Files and upload your file.
For information about errors, see Review a Processing Report.