Customers search and browse the Amazon catalog using specific product details. If your listing information is incomplete or incorrect, it becomes more difficult for customers to find, evaluate, and purchase your inventory. The Listing Enhancements tool suggests opportunities to improve product sales and glance views by adding essential product information to your listing. Detected enhancement opportunities are shown in your Seller Central account (under Inventory > Manage Inventory > Listing Enhancements)
Amazon currently informs sellers about enhancement opportunities for the following attributes:
- Titles: You may see an enhancement opportunity for Title if some product titles in your listings are extremely long or short, use all lowercase or all uppercase letters, or include HTML code. For guidelines on creating effective product titles, see Category Style Guides.
- Product description and product features: You may see an enhancement opportunity if your listing does not include a product description (a short paragraph that brings out essential characteristics of the product) or product features (a list of key product properties such as warranty, compatibility, etc.). For guidelines on creating effective product descriptions and features, see Category Style Guides.
- Images: You may see an enhancement opportunity for images if the main image on your listing does not meet the recommended image standards. For guidelines on images, see Category Style Guides.
- Brand and Manufacturer: You may see an enhancement opportunity for Brand if your listing does not include a brand and manufacturer. For guidelines on Brands, see Category Style Guides.
- Category-specific You may see an enhancement opportunity if your listings do not include information that is essential to a buyer who is comparing similar products; for example, if you list digital cameras but do not include the megapixel resolution or the lens focal length in your specifications.
To enhance listings with missing, invalid, or sub-optimal information, you can use the Bulk Enhancement feature in Manage Inventory. If you are on a Professional selling plan, you can also find and fix listings using the Listing Enhancement report.
To enhance listings using a Listing Enhancements Report:
- Under Inventory, select Inventory Reports.
- From the Select Report Type drop-down menu, select Listing Enhancements and Suppressed Listings Report .
- Click Request Report to download a report. Note: it can take up to 45 minutes for this report to run.
- When the Listing Enhancement Report is complete, click the Download button.
- Update listings in the report and then upload the file again.
To enhance listings in bulk in Manage Inventory:
Note: If you use feeds to add or edit your product listings, you can still use the Listing Enhancements tool to make changes. However, you must also update your feed files. If you do not update your feed files, any changes you submit through the Listing Enhancements tool may be overwritten by subsequent feeds.
- On the Inventory link, select Manage Inventory.
- Select Listing Enhancements in the horizontal menu. Note: Listing Enhancements is visible only if enhancements opportunities were identified. If no enhancements opportunities are available, this page link will not be visible.
- View all enhanceements on the main Listing Enhancements page, or click on Enhancement type to filter by specific type of listing enhancement opportunity.
- Click the Actions link for a listing and select an option. Options will vary depending on the enhancement opportunity. Selecting an option will either take you to a new page (Edit Product Info) or generate a pop-up Manage Images.
- There are 3 ways to enhance your listings:
- Enter missing information in the Enhancement column using the editable cells or drop-downs and click Save.
- Enter missing information in bulk by selecting multiple items that require the same enhancement. Then, click Enhance n Listings (where "n" stands for the number of selected items), and submit a value in the Enhance multiple listings pop-up field.
- Enter missing information for items that are not available in the editable grid (Option a) or in bulk (Option b) by clicking Edit and going to the Edit Product Info page. In Edit Product Info, the missing details will be highlighted.
- For non-image enhancements, enter the missing value. Then, click Save and Finish.
- For image enhancements, follow the guidelines on the Manage Images pop-up, and then upload valid product images.
Category-Specific Listing Enhancements